Calligra Spring Sprint

Shantanu Tushar Jha shaan7in at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:35:59 GMT 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> It's time to have another sprint!
>
> I have been in contact with the Linux hotel.  They say that all weekends in
> jan / feb are available except the 2-3rd of February. I have added a few in
> march as well as we are not that far from January but beware that these may
> not be available.  (Actually we could be unlucky and have the one we want
> booked by somebody else the day before we do it but such is life...).
>
> I have created a doodle: http://doodle.com/dwznt2uk5de6zgn6
>
> Note that the dates are all saturdays. They represent the weekend from
> Friday
> until Sunday. The format will be as usual: We arrive friday, start with
> some
> discussions and beers and the real sprint starts on saturday and lasts
> until
> sunday launch or so. The rest of sunday is travel home time.
>
> So please add your name to the doodle so that we can book the Linux hotel
> as
> soon as possible.

Recalling what happened to the last planned Calligra Sprint as part of the
Randa meetings, our expenses were a lot because of lots of travel to
Europe. This was mostly because of the large number of Indian contributors
to Calligra. I remember someone throwing an idea (was during Akademy most
probably) that in such cases where travel funding is an issue, we can have
the sprint in Germany and India at the same time and connect using video
conferencing. While it certainly won't be as fun as a face to face meet,
its still better than nothing.

What do you guys think?

> I will also create a sprint page on the KDE sprints site so that we can
> start
> looking at the budget. I have also talked with the board and they are ok
> with
> it. We just have to give them a figure.
>
>         -Inge

Cheers,