UI idea: Turn the status bar into a docker (or several dockers)

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Aug 31 17:53:46 BST 2012

On Friday 31 August 2012 10:24:32 C. Boemann wrote:
> > In regards to hiding titlebars: One thing to consider is that several
> > docks
> > use the titlebar also as the title for the dock, which means that hiding
> > the titlebar would mean you lose information in the GUI. So hiding
> > titlebars should probably be done per-docker.
>
> I don't think we in general would be hiding the title bar, only making it
> un- draggable
>
> Only for dockers in the bottom position we remove the title bar when locked

Exactly, that was the plan.
Dockers not at the bottom should keep their title bars for easier
identification. Those dockers that need the title for identification probably
don't make much sense at the bottom anyway. The bottom position will probably
be used for dockers that mainly display information, which should be self-
explanatory.

Deciding about the title bar per docker would cause inconsistency if dockers
of different types are stacked.