Early file format design

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Thu Aug 30 19:44:12 BST 2012

On Thursday, August 30, 2012 16:20:01 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> On 08/29/2012 11:10 PM, Inge Wallin wrote:
> > This mail is about designing a new file format. It will be relevant to
> > Calligra Author and possibly also for Calligra Words if Boemann wants it.
> >
> > Everybody who is not interested in file formats can skip this thread.
>
> I'm going to throw a potential solution out there and see if it sticks.
>
> The solution: use ODT with RDF for anything that is missing from ODT.
> I'll describe the details as they come up.

Ok, so I have read this mail several times and I realise that I don't
understand the implications of choosing this alternative.

I have several times heard the RDF parts of Calligra described as
"complicated" and "immature" (paraphrased) so I didn't thinkof it as an
alternative.

So where should I read up on how RDF, ontologies and the other Nepomuk stoff
works?

	-Inge