Problem in KoStore in opening files

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Fri Aug 10 11:24:02 BST 2012

On Friday, August 10, 2012 12:15:37 mojtaba shahi Senobari wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am working on filter and in one part of my work i needed to open an image
> and extract it with KoStore and i got error.
>
> the image name that i wanted to open (it was an LO doc ) was :
> Pictures/100000000000023A0000023A7EEDCDE3.jpg
> and in my debug output i got this : "can not to open
> Pictures/part100000000000023A0000023A7EEDCDE3.jpg/maindoc.xml"
>
> Then i did some research and found this method :
> KoStorePrivate::expandEncodedPath(...)
>
> when you want to open a file in KoStore,  at open method it goes to
> toExternalNaming(..) method and in this method ( toExternalNaming ) it
> returns
> this   " return expandEncodedPath (..)" .
>
> and in expandEncodedPath()  you can see these comments:
>
> // Now process the filename. If the first character is numeric, we have
> // a main document.
>
> What should i do? is there some thing wrong with this method or i should do
> some thing for opening files such as these like these files.
>
> moji

As I said on irc, this is obviously a bug (or at least a faulty design). We
cannot have a store class that cannot open a perfectly valid file just because
the filename starts with a figure. This has to be fixed.

The tricky part is that there may be other code that depends on this
behaviour. Can we have a comment from the old guard regarding this (David)?