Seeking Permission to Use Photos From www.Calligra.org on About.com

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Fri Apr 27 11:56:02 BST 2012

On Friday 27 April 2012 06:17:30 Cindy Grigg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm the About.com Guide to Office Software Suites
> (http://office.about.com<http://goantarctica.about.com/>),
> and I would like to provide readers with information about the Calligra
> productivity suite. On your site, I see product photos that really convey
> what each program is about. They're great!
>
> Would you be willing to let me include some of your photos on my site?  I
> would provide attribution, including a link back to your site.
>
> These are the photos that I would like to use: On www.calligra.org, the
> main one stretching across the top portion of the screen, and then for each
> of your applications, one of the pictures you have on each program's page
> of your website, showing what the screen looks like. I have attached the
> photos as well.
>
> I want to use the photos in a simple slide show giving the name, what type
> of program it is, and my experience using it as found at this currently
> unpublished URL:
> http://gi219.about.com/od/AltOfficeSuites/ss/Non-Microsoft-Office-Productiv
> ity-Suites.htm
>
> About.com is a top 15 website owned by The New York Times.
>
> I look forward to your response!
>
> Thank you,
>
> Cindy Grigg
>
> <http://info.lounge.about.com/node/2756#Photo>
Hi

I think we would prefer that you don't use the top one you call Calligra.JPG.
Two reasons 1) Your version stills says beta.  2) the icons are about to be
change, so we would appreciate the old icons are not shown too much.

And the Words one is old and not used on our side either similar reasons: it
shows an application that doesn't look like that at all anymore. So please
fetch a new one

As for the others I'm not sure but give that 2 out of 2 I checked were not
good representatives I would advice you to please check our website again for
updated images.

As for general permission I don't think we have a problem, as long as you are
fair and refer back to our site. After all news sites do the same thing.

btw I get a authorization page when trying to access the link you gave.

/boemann