Please give branch "tuneKoUnitAPI" a quick test with your fav. program

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 19 10:41:31 BST 2012

Am Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 19:10:07 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Am Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 18:40:43 schrieb C. Boemann:
> > On Tuesday 17 April 2012 17:38:14 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > my patch to improve the KoUnit API a little and ensure consistent
> > > display
> > > of th unit types all over Calligra (see
> > > http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104626/) is a little bit larger and
> > > touches a lot of files all over the codebase.
> > >
> > > So please help boemann with the review and check-out that branch now and
> > > test all unit type related parts of your favourite programs, to see that
> > > everything really still works.
> > >
> > > Please, be a good guy and do your bits to prevent bit-rotting :)
> > >
> > > And one question during that work arose:
> > > should Pixel as unit type be really listed also for Sheets?
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Friedrich
> >
> > In file included from
> > /home/cbo/devel/calligra/libs/odf/KoShadowStyle.cpp:21:0:
> > /home/cbo/devel/calligra/libs/odf/KoUnit.h:243:1: error: expected
> > constructor, destructor, or type conversion before ‘inline’
>
> Hm, compiles for me:
> --- 8< ---
> ~/Kode/kdegit/Calligra/build.debug/calligra/libs/odf$ rm
> CMakeFiles/koodf.dir/KoShadowStyle.o
> ~/Kode/kdegit/Calligra/build.debug/calligra/libs/odf$ make
> [  0%] Built target koodf_automoc
> [  0%] Building CXX object libs/odf/CMakeFiles/koodf.dir/KoShadowStyle.o
> Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libkoodf.so
> --- 8< ---
>
> Anyone else having this problem?

Ping. If anyone could please consider checking out this branch and give some
feedback here if (it compiles and if) unit type selection works in the places
he/she cares about. Do it in the background while you handle emails or go for
lunch :)

If noone feels like being able to join testing of this branch then I think
that as I gave all code I touched some brain loops this branch should just be
commited to master, given the state in the release cycle and that the code got
reviewed by at least one person. Having it in master should make sure everyone
else tests the code as well, so any issue which might have slipped in can be
catched in time :)

Cheers
Friedrich