Demo documents to help showcase Calligra - where to store + thoughts?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Apr 17 08:24:46 BST 2012

On Monday 16 April 2012 Apr, Stuart Dickson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a small selection of sample documents to help showcase
> Calligra and related software.
>
> The intention was for some more creative and less dry sample documents,
> so they are a mix of "family friendly" and creative works.
>
> Some of these have been authored in LibreOffice - but as they are plain
> ODF documents, they remain useful for testing and as friendly documents
> which one could use in Calligra screenshots. (The reason I had use LO
> was owing to using Windows and, at the time, I had run into an issue
> when saving the ODT example...even though I had created a similar
> document entirely within.

Maybe we can load and save them from calligra apps without loss of formatting?

> The question is what the community would like to do with these - whether
> to incorporate them within the calligra repository on git.kde.org, or
> whether these should be kept in a separate repository, on gitorious for
> example?

Not on gitorious -- we should use the KDE infrastructure as much as possible. I would put them in subversion, in calligratests, instead of the main git project, depending on size. If the documents aren't too big, we can just put them in calligra/demodocuments.

> The other question I would have is whether any small changes should be
> done - at present Creative Commons information is in a README text
> document which would be bundled with the docs, but I could add a footer
> to make sure it is visible from the document itself. Whilst the
> licensing information is stored inside the document info, it is
> interesting to see that LibreOffice and Calligra appeared to use
> different fields to store the document info?
>
> The files are:
>
> http://heap.kogmbh.net/stuartmd/webodf/README.txt - has licensing
> information and image sources
> http://heap.kogmbh.net/stuartmd/webodf/sample_postcard.odt -  document
> presenting a postcard project
> http://heap.kogmbh.net/stuartmd/webodf/sample_lemonade.ods - "lemonade
> stand" spreadsheet
> http://heap.kogmbh.net/stuartmd/webodf/sample_pixels.odp - "pixel art"
> presentation
>
> So any thoughts on where these should be stored / how they can be used
> further, would be welcomed.
>
> - Stuart
>
> -- Stuart Dickson
> // KO GmbH http://kogmbh.com/legal/