Wikipedia preparation for 2.4 release

Markus kamikazow at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 12:42:55 BST 2012

Am Mittwoch 11 April 2012, 13:19:49 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:

> So this is how Wikipedia works these days, everyone writes articles about
> their own stuff?

Well, I'm not a Calligra author (in fact I'm longer a Wikipedian than a KDE
member). The best way for official members is to publish a blog post about
fact that Wikipedia authors can use as reference. Eg. I have to admit that I
called Words a fork of KWord on WP because the early Calligra website called
Words "a word processor created from KWord" or something like that. It
required a blog post by Boemann to get that straight.

> * Sometimes only half of the program names are used, like just "Words" or
> "Sheets". But that should be always "Calligra Words" or "Calligra Sheets",
> as this is the official full name.

IMO that's part of editorial judgment for better readability. In their
dedicated articles the actual names are explained, eg. "Calligra Words" is one
article but another is "Karbon (software)".
LibreOffice has something similar:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibreOffice#Included_applications
That table calls the word processor Writer but its article states that the
full name is LibreOffice Writer.

> * entry about Calligra Sheets has still a few "Tables" in the text.
>
> * entry about Calligra Plan still makes it a part of KOffice

Thanks. I'll fix them ASAP.

A few updated screenshots would be nice. I can take them from the official
announcement later as long as they are high res and the displayed content is
Free.

Markus