Beta 2 tagging delay

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Thu Sep 29 10:26:46 BST 2011

On Thursday 29 September 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 29 September 2011 Sep, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> > I am rather convince that our current model (or the one we aim at, ie
> > master in a releasable state at all time), but it does require people to
> > accept that their latest newest shiny super cool feature is less
> > important than shipping a finished product to our users, and therefor
> > merge things that are reasonnably ready, for which the developers don't
> > know of any major bugs. Maybe we should have a long discussion on the
> > development workflow at the next sprint.
>
> It also means that we need to setup the system of branches we have
> discussed before a couple of times already. We don't have that now, with
> the result that we are still working as if in svn.
Huh ? That is not true, we do work with branches. There are three branches
that are missing from that system, "master-validated", "stable" and "stable-
validated", the later two, mostly because we don't have any stable release...
And "master-validated" because, at this point, there isn't a single revision
of calligra that validate. And setting up a system where checking that there
is not an increase of test regressions is way more complicated and time
consuming than checking that the number of test failures == 0.

> And there is still the problem that branches don't get enough user testing
> which is why we thought that Dmitry's strokes branch was pretty ok.
> Several people have tested it, but not thoroughly enough.
So krita isn't that broken or is it ? Do we have bug numbers that we can refer
to, to make an evaluation ?

--
Cyrille Berger Skott