Beta 2 tagging delay

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Sep 29 09:46:03 BST 2011

On 29 September 2011 09:44, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 29 September 2011 Sep, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
>> I am rather convince that our current model (or the one we aim at, ie master
>> in a releasable state at all time), but it does require people to accept that
>> their latest newest shiny super cool feature is less important than shipping a
>> finished product to our users, and therefor merge things that are reasonnably
>> ready, for which the developers don't know of any major bugs. Maybe we should
>> have a long discussion on the development workflow at the next sprint.
>
> It also means that we need to setup the system of branches we have discussed before a couple of times already. We don't have that now, with the result that we are still working as if in svn.
>
> And there is still the problem that branches don't get enough user testing which is why we thought that Dmitry's strokes branch was pretty ok. Several people have tested it, but not thoroughly enough.

Are we now closer to per-app repos +a 'libs' repo as in Qt 5?
Could be useful if someone needs version A of Words, version B of
Tables and version C of Kexi. With single repo this is not possible.
But is this useful scenario for you, that's another question.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek