text:continue-numbering attribute - current support

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Thu Sep 15 20:24:05 BST 2011

On 09/14/2011 04:07 PM, Uzak Matus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to discuss our support for the text:continue-numbering
> attribute.  Its use has been deprecated, but at the moment filters
> miss support for the text:continue-list attribute.  It might be
> quicker to modify a bit the current support for text:continue-numbering.
>
> According to ODF:
>
> The text:continue-numbering attribute specifies the numbering of a
> preceding list.
> If the value of the attribute is true and the numbering style of the
> preceding list is the same as the
> current list, the number of the first list item in the current list is
> the number of the last item in the
> preceding list incremented by one.
>
> The most important question first: What do I have to understand under
> numbering style?  The whole List style or the attributes of the
> text:list-level-style-number element only?  Examples follow, please
> check the current result and the expected one for Example2.

If we do it wrong currently then it's probably not the whole list-style
but only the attributes of the text:list-level-style-number element only
cause atm we take the whole list style into account.

> Consider the text:list-level-style-number element of L1 and L2 to be
> identical.
>
> Example1:
> <text:list text:style-name="L1">
> <text:list-item>
> <text:p text:style-name="P1">List_item1</text:p>
> </text:list-item>
> </text:list>
> <text:list text:style-name="L2" text:continue-numbering="true">
> <text:list-item>
> <text:p text:style-name="P1">List_item2</text:p>
> </text:list-item>
> </text:list>
>
> Result - as displayed by stage:
> 1. List_item1
> 2. List_item2
>
> Example2:
>
> <text:list text:style-name="L1">
> <text:list-item>
> <text:p text:style-name="P1">List_item1</text:p>
> </text:list-item>
> </text:list>
> <text:list text:style-name="L5">
> <text:list-item>
> <text:list>
> <text:list-item>
> <text:p text:style-name="P1">List_item1 - level2</text:p>
> </text:list-item>
> </text:list>
> </text:list-item>
> </text:list>
> <text:list text:style-name="L2" text:continue-numbering="true">
> <text:list-item>
> <text:p text:style-name="P1">List_item2</text:p>
> </text:list-item>
> </text:list>
>
> Result - as displayed by stage:
> 1. List_item1
>     1. List_item1 - level2
> 1. List_item2
>
> Expected result:
> 1. List_item1
>     1. List_item1 - level2
> 2. List_item2

Sounds like the
if (otherFormat.style() == format.style()) {
condition at ListItemsHelper.cpp:260 is wrong / not enough then.