[calligra] tools: only build calligraconverter if we build tables

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Oct 19 07:56:19 BST 2011

On Wednesday 19 October 2011 Oct, you wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 October 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Git commit 914fe997ed50f3e32d3554af658033e03584d31b by Boudewijn Rempt.
> > Committed on 18/10/2011 at 22:04.
> > Pushed by rempt into branch 'master'.
> >
> > only build calligraconverter if we build tables
> >
> > Because we link to tablescommon now.
> >
> Why do we even do that ?

Looking at the code, it seems to be in order to select the first sheet, that's all. From there on, the generic api is used.

> It is really not good design to have cross
> dependencies between our modules, each of them should be only depending on
> calligra/libs. I thought we all agree on that...
>
> My suggestion is that the code for generating the PDF is moved into
> kodocument, and a specialization is made for calligra tables (or calligra
> tables is changed to automatically select the first sheet).
>
> On a side note, we have a beta coming in two days, so I did look into how
> calligraconverter is packaged on Debian, Ubuntu and OpenSuSE, and every time
> it is packaged with the libraries. The conscequences for them is that either
> everybody start depending on calligra tables, or they need to move
> calligraconverter to a separate package (either way we need to communicate on
> it, since some distributions use automatic way to find dependencies).

That's an important point. Also, as I said to Dan yesterday, if people build creativeonly, they still want koconverter to be built because that's useful for karbon and krita users as well.

--
Boudewijn Rempt