[calligra] tools: only build calligraconverter if we build tables

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Wed Oct 19 07:30:38 BST 2011

On Tuesday 18 October 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Git commit 914fe997ed50f3e32d3554af658033e03584d31b by Boudewijn Rempt.
> Committed on 18/10/2011 at 22:04.
> Pushed by rempt into branch 'master'.
>
> only build calligraconverter if we build tables
>
> Because we link to tablescommon now.

Why do we even do that ? It is really not good design to have cross
dependencies between our modules, each of them should be only depending on
calligra/libs. I thought we all agree on that...

My suggestion is that the code for generating the PDF is moved into
kodocument, and a specialization is made for calligra tables (or calligra
tables is changed to automatically select the first sheet).

On a side note, we have a beta coming in two days, so I did look into how
calligraconverter is packaged on Debian, Ubuntu and OpenSuSE, and every time
it is packaged with the libraries. The conscequences for them is that either
everybody start depending on calligra tables, or they need to move
calligraconverter to a separate package (either way we need to communicate on
it, since some distributions use automatic way to find dependencies).

--
Cyrille Berger Skott