on Words

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 02:22:09 BST 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM, C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk> wrote:

> should
> > >
> > > Now that you mentioned university students…
> >
> > Showing use cases/actors like students or researchers is good. But I
> > propose to demonstrate given requirements the we want to meet.
> > What means, as you said, supporting large documents of any purpose.
> Well most people think that persona driven design is better than feature
> driven. That said I don't disagree we need to be more specific when we
> actually
> make the decisions. And we are not limiting functionality to students, just
> targeting features for them initially. In a bid to make the developers and
> and
> other contributers among them to see the value in joining Calligra.

I would suggest to go with a very simple persona for the start. Students
often have very high requirements for the software (at least in the
technical disciplines) e.g. might need a lot of formulas. We are still using
Latex for also everything here.

As initial persona I would use a home user or some kid in school doing some
homework. I think a better way to do it would be to do it like Apple. Their
initial products often don't have lots of features that common products
provide, but they deliver a very polished product.