Debian packaging for beta 2

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Oct 10 21:58:41 BST 2011

On Friday 07 October 2011 Oct, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 07 October 2011 Oct, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 October 2011 Oct, Adrien wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a question about the packaging of calligra :
> > >
> > > calligra-libs seems still to depend on marble library.
> > > If you would like a lightweight calligra, we may put the marble dependency
> > > on a separate package, for instance in a package « calligra-plugin-marble »,
> > > or maybe in the package « calligra-reports-web-element » ?
> > >
> > > If so, could you please indicate where the marble library is used ?
> >
> > Argh... I forgot this part of my todo... I really must make the rdf location thingy a plugin, because that's what dragging marble into komain right now.
> >

> Working on it now...

Okay, getting marble out of komain means making plugins out of the rdf data, and to do that properly, I need to do some really invasive surgery. I want to propose that for 2.4, I remove the marble dependency in komain completely and after 2.4 finish my rdf extraction patch.

The consequence is no maps in the location semantic item. Any objections?

--
Boudewijn Rempt