Kexi manual

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Tue Nov 29 18:15:44 GMT 2011

написане Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:58:26 +0200, Jaroslaw Staniek
<staniek at kde.org>:

> On 29 November 2011 13:42, Anne Wilson <anne at lydgate.org> wrote:

>>> Hello Anne,
>>>
>>> Yes the handbook is ready for translation, its maintainer is Dimitrios
>>> T Tanis <jtanis at tanisfood.gr> now.
>>
>> Noted.
>>
>>> Do we need to freeze any further works on the text (for how long?) For
>>> example we have not too many screenshots now.
>>> Or would you like to make a snapshot of the current handbook and then
>>> we can continue to work on the text/structure?
>>
>> Not necessary unless you want to make huge structural changes, in which
>> case we should talk first to avoid unnecessary complications.  Other
>> than that, once released for translation, the translators will simply be
>> alerted of any changer.  In terms of docbook creation, the docbook
>> maintainers simply decide when they need to pull the source, so again,
>> that's no problem.
>>
>>> If so, I confirm the handbook has proper structure that can be base
>>> for the 2.4 release.
>>>
>>> BTW, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> and Yuri Chornoivan
>>> <yurchor at ukr.net> were involved in making the docs exportable to
>>> docbook format, as I've heard it should work.
>>>
>> That's a real help.  Otherwise we have to go through everything in
>> detail, trying to check that we have met the docbook requirements.
>> Getting them right from the start is a huge help.
>>
>> I'll try to make a start on the releases today - with blueck's and
>> yurchor's involvement it shouldn't be too lengthy a process.
>
> Thanks Anne!

Hi!

First of all, no editional editing is needed, just delete this page (it's
a duplicate):

http://userbase.kde.org/Kexi/Handbook/Kexi_Basics/The_Kexi_Main_Window/Main_application_elements

Converted Kexi handbook in PDF can be found here (it will be converted
automatically on d.k.o. if becomes available in Kexi git):

http://ompldr.org/vYmlmeQ/kexi_handbook.pdf

Instructions on converting into EPUB are here:

http://userbase.kde.org/How_To_Convert_a_UserBase_Manual_to_Docbook#Converting_into_EPUB

Hope it can be useful for the users.

Best regards,
Yuri