some feedback on calligrawords and the styles by default

Adrien adrien.grellier at laposte.net
Wed Nov 23 18:04:23 GMT 2011

Hi,

I am using calligrawords to produce some short text, as letters or meeting
reports and I find the default fonts and styles definitely not sexy :-(

2 screenshots of the same text are attached to this email, in libreoffice
and calligrawords (on Debian) to compare it. Here's my impressions :

– the font size for the titles are too big !!
– the title are too closed from the paragrah.
– I was expected to have the title closer to the numbers… why so many
space ?
– On a list, the bullets are too closed from the text (not in the screeshot)

I also cannot find a way to modify these styles (tried format -> style
manager, but I cannot modify the fonts and sizes…).

It may be a good idea to have default styles very nice, a bit in the same
spirit of the default templates in calligrastage. When trying a new
software, it's always a good point to see it can produce beautiful documents
without hard work :-)

Adrien

PS : Sorry for the Debian packaging, but it very long :-( I am quite new in
packaging so I need to learn lots of things. Now the Debian KDE focus on
putting KDE 4.7 in the public repository, calligra will be right after…