Deadline: 28th - was Re: Calligra Branding Presentation & Draft of Guidelines

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Nov 23 07:14:20 GMT 2011

On 23 November 2011 04:21, Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann at zagge.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 22, 2011 13:15:11 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> I'd like to say that unless there are other proposals we are not going
>> to have a vote on license for the logo and the guidelines.
>> Should you have any objections in these matters please do so before
>> Monday, Nov 28th.
>>
>> The deadline does not mean corrections cannot be made - like
>> rephrasing or especially covering new cases.
>
> It still revers to calligra-suite.org instead of calligra.org which I think
> was url we want to use.

Thanks for the review!
Will be fixed in next draft.

> I think we should also allow usage of the logo on other light/dark backgrounds
> besides white/black. There is some text about that in Clearance zone but I
> think we should be more clear about that.

Please check the draft #4 I published on Nov 20 at [1]. It says on page 4 that:

"Negative version
In the negative version of the logo the Calligra graphic is white and
the background is solid black as shown at left. The solid black color
can be replaced with another very dark solid color. The notes about
border apply to the alternative version too."

> According to Avoid mistakes the Calligra Shirt we had for the sprint might not
> have been possible. Do we limit ourselfs with that stuff to or do we allow such
> things in case we have be contacted.
> Ok just saw it says approved by the KDE e.V. maybe we should set up also a
> small team in the Calligra community to approve the usage of the logo. Maybe
> it can initially consist of all maintainers.
>
> We are not yet a registered trademark so I'm not sure we should use that term
> in the document.

Draft #4 page 2 contains only reference to trademark, not registered
trademark by the e.V.

Now I also replaced "trademark or registered trademark" with just
"trademark" on page 5.

> The websites used in the doument
>
> www.calligra-suite.org/distributing

This was removed in draft #4 since the planned distribution guidelines
were replaced by the new/reworked points 1-7 on page 3.

> www.calligra-suite.org/logo
> are currently not available. They should we there when the document is
> published.

This is a TODO as I said in the 'Calligra Branding Presentation &
Draft of Guidelines' thread. Either it would contain a copy of [1] or
would just link/redirect to [1]. At the moment I would prefer to keep
the easily accessible wiki page, until 28th.

[1] http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Logos#The_Calligra_Suite_Logo_Usage_Guidelines

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek