results from

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Tue Nov 22 13:37:54 GMT 2011

On 11/22/2011 09:51 AM, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

>> But I think renaming the application is really the
>> most bad thing you can do here. Especially if you only rename one of them.
> There is difference in occurences of 'words' and 'tables' and 'plan'
> and 'stage' nouns in our users' world (that maps to our GUI messages
> and handbook texts).
> It just happened that Tables is unfortunately more used in at least
> two contexts (database tables and in-wordprocessor/presentation
> tables).
> This is why I see no such problems in the case of the other apps
> (Words, Plan, Stage). So I do not see a need for such a global rename,
> and I wouldn't say names wil be really inconsistent when only Tables
> would be renamed (again, if the core contributors agree to that).

I don't agree. Words and Plan are very very common words too (this
sentence demonstrates it :-) ). To put words into a cell or to select
some words to copy+paste them from one cell to another are common
things. So, you cannot prevent to not use the word words when wording :-)

Joke beside. We have now at least 6 voices against a rename. That is
really a lot.