results from

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 12:02:41 GMT 2011

On 22 November 2011 12:40, C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk> wrote:
> I agree that the specific Kexi problem is a non issue. "Export to spreadsheet"
> solves it imho.

Yes, Kexi case was selected as a clear example. Lack of precision when
using Tables name without Calligra prefix is a general trouble for me,
not experienced before, and I started writing articles on software
quite long ago.
One can look at the IRC logs and emails to see how often Tables or
tabels name is used without the Calligra prefix. There may be
exceptions but we just naturally tend to use the shortest names
possible and so often lower case (not only Aaron :). It just happens.

> I still think Tables is a very bad name. So we now have "Insert Table" inside
> Calligra Tables when the text tool is activated. Or inside words does "insert
> table" then mean insert the spreadsheet shape or a text table?
>
> However I'm not going to fight on. I'll just assume text tables whenever I
> write or hear "tables" from now on.

All depends on context.
In some context I will assume database tables :)

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek