results from

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 08:34:38 GMT 2011

On 22 November 2011 08:18, Adam Pigg <piggz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To be clear, what it does is write an ods file,out does not open tables and
> populate it and does not open tables at the end. So maybe export to
> spreadsheet is more appropriate.

We indeed perform the generation in the background and we have started
to design transition in order to do that even more in the background,
i.e. using only shared calligra libs and no traces of Tables'
internals. For the benefit of all Calligra apps. For now we have a
plugin in calligra/plugins/kexi/spreadsheet/. Nice features, so much
to do :)

> the original thinking was to advertise our
> brand names in the GUI, in the same way msa has analyse with word and
> analyse with excel menu options.

Yes definitely that was a plan but we have to be careful, from case to
case calligra branding is ok, in other places generic term is better.
Heh how about starting a new thread on this specifically? :)

I see very good aspect in one area: Kexi has a lot of space in the
modern startup views for Calligra branding.
BTW, I plan to add at least the Calligra logo there before 2.4 stable.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek