results from

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Mon Nov 21 13:58:18 GMT 2011

On 11/21/2011 02:03 PM, C. Boemann wrote:
>>> Even if it won the competition it is a bad choice as there is already a
>>> spreadsheet application out there with this name. See
>>> http://www.freebsdsoftware.org/deskutils/abacus.html
>>>
>>> If there is already a spreadsheet application with this name, then this
>>> is
>> an absolute no-go for me. How would we feel if some other project was
>> developping an application suite with:
>> YetAnotherApplicationSuite Words: text processor
>> YAAS Stage: presentation
>> YAAS Kexi: DB
>> YAAS Krita: painting
>>
>> Don't do others what you wouldn't want to be done to you.
>>
>> My 2 cts,
>>
>> PierreSt
> except that that other Abacus has been dead for 14 years or so

1) It's in the openSuse and Ubuntu repos.
2) The last change in the changelog at
http://pkgs.org/opensuse-11.4/opensuse-contrib-i586/xabacus-7.4.1-1.2.i586.rpm.html
is from 2008 what makes it 3 years old and not 14.
3) The last change in the changelog at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xabacus/+changelog is from 2011
what means it's still activly developed.

In any case I think that are exactly the reasons why we should have a
discussion at the mailinglist before.