Calligra Branding Presentation & Draft of Guidelines

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Nov 16 21:05:33 GMT 2011

On 16 November 2011 19:31, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 November 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> Creativeness is of lower priority than visual identity to me. There's
>> nothing really wrong with more explicit message that that we wish to
>> maintain our visual identity. In some countries, especially the USA,
>> public appearance of nonprofits, usually foundations, is much more
>> like of companies (in good sense), see Linux Foundation, Mozilla,
>> GNOME (http://foundation.gnome.org/licensing/index.html).
> Well quiet curiously, I do think that the gnome guidelines are rather good
> (especially since they don't mix in the LGPL). And they cover aspects that are
> missing (ie like using the logo for books, journals/blogs). So yes, I have no
> objection in taking them as an example. But that is not what we currently have
> in the draft.

Yes like in case of their GUI guidelines, it seems that they had throw
money into finishing these tasks...

A note to Sune: they are indeed revisiting the text but the guidelines
would not be dramatically smaller after the process, and maybe larger
(new cases?) At least I cannot imagine the size alone being source of
the problem...

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek