Patch: Remove some deprecated functions

Mauro mauro at nazardo.it
Sun Nov 6 16:56:04 GMT 2011

Hello Thorsten,

On Sunday, November 06, 2011 05:13 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> What part of Calligra does interest you the most?

As a developer I have no preferences, since I know near nothing of
Calligra code; so if there is one part that is in more need, or that is
easier to start with, I will become interested in that.
As a user I like what Krita has become, a rich and powerful alternative
to well-known commercial softwares.

> The function
>
> formatDate(date, KLocale::MonthName, KLocale::ShortName)
>
> was introduced in 4.6 so you need to ifdef that as we still support compiling
> against kde 4.4.

I apologize, I didn't know you still need to support KDE 4.4
I have removed the formatDate() stuff, since the deprecated methods it
substitutes will not be removed by KDE 5 and the introduction of dozens
of compilation switches would have compromised readability.

> It would be good if Marjin and Dan the maintainers of tables/plan would have a
> look too just to make sure all is still fine.
>
> It would be very appreciated if you can post your next patch to reviewboard as
> it makes reviewing much simpler.

I will post there my updated patch.

Thanks,

--