Making scripts available to the public

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Sat Nov 5 18:35:38 GMT 2011

On Saturday 05 November 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Except we have
> 1. no strict distinction between types of resources, e.g. for kexi
> there are flat category: script and template; I'd like to have
> something that we can manage the categories without time consuming
> contacting the site owners. Also versioning for resources would be a
> plus.

My personal opinion is that "admin time" >>> "time to contect a very reactive
admin".

> 2. no say on what would appear on the list of scripts in a Calligra app.
> This is security risk, so we need some approval process (in addition to
> rating).
Rumor is that kde-files maintainer has been considering a review system for
scripts.

> 3. visitors of kde-files.org experience category and UI clutter
> (two screens of categories);
Solved once calligra gets very popular with a calligra-files.org ;)

> many KDE users know GHNS in context of
> plasma; for me it's example of extreme clutter: minor changes to plasma
> theme arrives as new entry...
I am quiet certain that UI improvement that benefits all KDE GHNS user would be
very welcome ;)

--
Cyrille Berger Skott