Usage of libkundo2 in Calligra (Qt's maximal dependency)

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:17:12 BST 2011

2011/5/16 Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org>:
> Yes, I agree that that is the way to go. We want nicely translatable undo messages.

Ok, now I'm going to clean things up and create a review request.

> Will you take on the maintenance and so on?

I can't guarantee that I'll be available (i.e. online) during the next
months. But it must be very easy to revert the dependency on
libkundo2.

> I actually think that it will make sense for us to start depending on Qt 4.8 as soon as it's packaged by most distributions (and meego) since it fixes a lot of bugs.
>
>> Other applications like Step and Kig will wait for Qt 4.8, because
>> nobody uses them. ;)
>
> Aw, I'm not so sure about that -- but they can use the same strategy for now, right?

Yes, but KDE SC 4.7 is in feature and dependency freeze already. It
still can be done if you convince people that it's just bugfixing, but
not a new feature ;)
But still it don't really care about Step and Kig, and will unlikely
spend time on them.

--
Alexander Potashev