Usage of libkundo2 in Calligra (Qt's maximal dependency)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon May 16 08:33:12 BST 2011

On Friday 13 May 2011 May, Alexander Potashev wrote:
> 2011/5/13 C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk>:
> > 1. get libkundo2 released and wait until all distributions have picked it up
> > and released with it. Meaning that qt 4.8 might be available at the same time.
>
> I didn't think about this somehow...
>
> > 2. add the library inside the Calligra repository.
>
> So, moving to Calligra repository seems to be better. It has 2 more advantages:
> 1. the library will be immediately removed when it becomes unnecessary,
> 2. moving to Calligra repository is easier than creating a new repository.

Yes, I agree that that is the way to go. We want nicely translatable undo messages. Will you take on the maintenance and so on? I actually think that it will make sense for us to start depending on Qt 4.8 as soon as it's packaged by most distributions (and meego) since it fixes a lot of bugs.

> Other applications like Step and Kig will wait for Qt 4.8, because
> nobody uses them. ;)

Aw, I'm not so sure about that -- but they can use the same strategy for now, right?

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org