My first draft proposal for plasma based presentation view

Sinny Kumari ksinny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 18:22:04 GMT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 8:21 PM, todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Sinny Kumari <ksinny at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Sinny Kumari <ksinny at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> I am sending my first draft proposal for the idea
>>> http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas#Project:_Plasma-based_Presentation_View.
>>> Please have a look at
>>> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1kF9ZN8YgIXMAcOAOzGpzpXc8BB8d0OElwLgOPsICxfI
>>> .
>>> It might be incomplete or need improvement, so please don't hesitate
>>> to share your suggestions. I am eagerly waiting for replies :)
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance :)
>>>
>>> --
>
> Although it isn't my decision, it looks good to me overall.  I do have
> some suggestions:
Thanks for reply :)

> 1. You need to clarify how someone would go to a specific slide.
> Possibilities I can think of include typing in a number or clicking on
> the slide sorter

we can do it by using spinBox or clicking on a slide in slide sorter
> 2. You need to clarify how the timers would work.  Is it a digital or
> analog click?  I would personally suggest both.  You should probably
> explain how and where someone will set the start time for the count
> down widget.  I would also suggest the count up and count down widgets
> be separate
Yes, both option is possible but first digital clock will be done, plasmoids are
already available for reference.

> 3. One of the key parts of my original suggestion was to have the
> equivalent of activities, multiple independent presenter views with
> different widgets that you can switch between during the presentation.
>  I see no mention of this.
have to discuss on #plasma if it's possible

> 4. There should probably be an option on the current slide widget to
> show the current slide number and/or the total number of slides.
> Alternatively this could be separate widget

will do it for both option in a separate widget and will mention it too
> 5. The slide list should probably take advantage of plasma
> capabilities so that when you make it really small it acts as a pop-up
> button and when larger acts like an icon view.  It should also
> dynamically lay out the icons based on its current shape, and should
> probably have a zoom slider.

Plasma already handles it.
 6. Since plasma has tooltip capabilities, you should probably think
> about what tooltips would be shown when you hover over certain
> elements.

will mention it in proposal
> 7. It would be worthwhile listing existing widgets you think your new
> widgets might be similar to.

yes, I will mention it.
> 8. It is probably worth mentioning that the presenter view will also
> support all standard plasma widgets.

are we sure, we want to do it?
> 9. How will theming work?  Will it use the standard plasma theme, a
> calligra-specific theme, or can you pick a different theme from the
> plasma themes?

will discuss with rrix/siddharths or #plasma and will let do changes
accordingly.
> 10. How will the background work?

I didn't understand, what exactly it mean, can you please explain it little bit.
> -Todd

Thanks a lot :)
--
http://www.sinny.in