Plasma-based presentation view for calligra-stage

Sinny Kumari ksinny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 14:08:23 GMT 2011

I think the suggestions you gave are for displaying a plasmoid inside
kpresenter using a plasma kpart just like skrooge does it. However
this is not what the idea says.

Sorry if I was not clear in my e-mail, but we want to implement it as
a plasmoid, a normal plasmoid on the Desktop.
presentation will be opened in the plasmoid and slidehow including
other viewing feature that kpresenter have will be shown with the help
of plasmoid which is a normal desktop plasmoid.

So, in order to run presentation in plasmoid, I thought of making use
of D-Bus. But when  plasmoid and Kpresenter is communicating
kpresenter has to run and I don't want to show the ui which is
generated by running kpresenter. Here, I want to view and control
presentation within plasmoid.

So, is it possible to run kpresenter as background when we make use of
D-Bus or any other approach ?

Thanks

http://www.sinny.in