Plasma-based presentation view for calligra-stage

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Mar 21 07:07:27 GMT 2011

On Monday, March 21, 2011, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello Sinny,
>
> On Monday, March 21, 2011 04:52:08 Sinny Kumari wrote:
> > CC'ing to plasma-devel, thanks for the suggestion todd.

> I see two possibilities here.
>
> 1. Use dbus to communicate with stage(kpresenter)
>
> 2. Use plasma in stage.

with the Plasma KPart, which is in kde-runtime, #2 is probably the easiest.
and if done using a proper DataEngine/Plasmoid split (as in Skrooge or the
Kontact dashboard), it could be moved to a #1 style implementatoin fairly
easily by adjusting the DataEngines.

> If used plasma internally it should be made sure that this is an optional
> dependency that is not needed if the user doesn't want it.

with the Plasma KPart, it becomes a runtime dependency only. the existence can
be checked for with KServiceTypeTrader, and it ships with kde-runtime so there
are no further installation dependencies as of right now (this may change in
future when we modularize kde-runtime).

here's a quicky tutorial/overview for using the KPart:

	http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Plasma/ApplicationShell

and there is a small example in kdeexamples/plasma/c++/kpart/

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se