GSoC 2011

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Mar 20 08:34:13 GMT 2011

On Sunday 20 March 2011 Mar, Pierre Stirnweiss wrote:
> Just something to keep in mind:
> on windows MSVC, libpoppler is a static library ("because poppler does not
> have import/export thing for the core(private) api" dixit pinotree).
> Libpoppler is not meant to be used directly. For the karbon pdf filter this
> is however what we do. This means that:
> -either we disable the filter on windows MSVC
> -or we link the filter to every library libpoppler was linked to. these
> should be exactly the same ones. that solution is not very practical to
> implement.
>
> So if during the course of refactoring, this could be avoided/fixed, all the
> better.

Yes, the words pdf import/export plugin should only use poppler-qt4 which is a proper shared library. If that doesn't provide enough capabilities, we will probably need to work together with the poppler guys to improve that situation :-).

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org