GSoC 2011

Jain Basil Aliyas jainbasil at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 07:10:27 GMT 2011

Hello,

I am Jain Basil Aliyas, a computer science engineering student from India. I
am interested in working on the idea* Import/Export to/from PDF* in Calligra
KWords. (
http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas#Project:_PDF-Import_and.2For_PDF-Export
)

I'd like to share my contributions in free software development; I am one
among the core development team of Scribus, the open source DTP software,
and I participated in Google Summer of Code 2010 with Pardus Project. In
GSoC 2011, I developed a* snapshot and monitoring tool for KDE4
settings*with GitPython as backend.

In scribus, I've developed import filters for quark xpress xtg file, and
adobe indesign idml package (these are available in scribus 1.5 svn ).

I've my calligra build system ready, and am trying to draft a proposal for
this project. I'd like to get suggestions from Calligra Developers so that I
can make this work more exciting.

Greetings!

--
*Jain Basil Aliyas*