Outdated application pages at kde.org/applications

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Tue Mar 15 07:40:16 GMT 2011

2011/3/14 Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org>:
> Hi,
> (cc'd to kde-www)
>
> Just noticed [1] is outdated regarding app names and information. I
> plan to handle changes at least the outdated information for Kexi.
>
> But what I am not sure about is possible duplication: do we need
> kde.org/applications when we have userbase?
> It is hard to maintain two places.
>
> That's not all. There's also a clash with community.kde.org. For
> example Dolphin has outdated development page [2].
> How it would be fixed? Maybe by adding just links to appropriate
> userbase/community sites?
>
> [1] http://www.kde.org/applications/office/
> [2] http://www.kde.org/applications/system/dolphin/development
>
> --
> regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
>  http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
>  Kexi & Calligra (kexi-project.org, identi.ca/kexi, calligra-suite.org)
>  KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (windows.kde.org)

The initial idea of the app pages was to have a quick overview of all
relevant facts for a given application and make it easily
maintainable, as those pages are generated from plain json files, see
e.g. http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/sites/www/applications/apps/dolphin.json?view=markup
for the dolphin file.

Even more, it was intended to automate the task of updating those
information. Sadly, it never got this far (yet?). Of course, open for
suggestions to improve this situation.

Cheerio,
Ingo