Announcement for snapshot 2

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Mon Jun 13 15:46:47 BST 2011

On Saturday 11 June 2011 23:30:33 Inge Wallin wrote:
> As far as I know, Cyrille has tagged snapshot 2 now.  At least he updated
> the version to 2.3.72.
>
> This means that the release is imminent, and it's time for me to write a
> new announcement.  So I'd like to get a grasp of what has happened since
> snapshot 1.
>
> Could you who have created some significant change write a reply to this
> mail (on the ML, of course) and tell me what you did?  This is especially
> important if you have made user visible changes and UI improvements.

Backend;
* Greatly improved compaibility with ODF and MSO binary/XML.
* Lots of crash fixes and stability improvements.
* Performance fixes. Now the ODF specs layout in ~7 seconds here.

UI:
* Managing page-styles in the Page Layout dialog.
* Go to page/line and Page Layout quickaccess in the statusbar