Announcement for snapshot 2

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Sun Jun 12 20:51:11 BST 2011

On 12 June 2011 21:08, C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk> wrote:
> Well I indeed tried to describe the technical terms while still keep telling
> about as many features as possible. So I think this is indeed directed towards
> end users already, but I'm naturally open to improvements. It was after all
> just a response to call for announcement content

I like how you describe without overusing technical details.
Changeslogs are good but this doesn't move us forwart towards real
usage of Calligra. By user-orientation I mean approaches seen for
products as complex as OSes [1] and I user this approach e.g. at [2].
For this, less is more and perfect screenshots are working for us.

Is this shameless forcing anybody to spend time on non-coding
intiatives? No! I'll be just trying to continue user-oriented
communication regarding Kexi at least, and would just love to see
similar efforts elsewhere. I believe it's possible to improve the
communication from version to version, that's another advantage of
having frequent alphas/snapshots.

[1] http://www.apple.com/macosx/whats-new/
[2] http://kexi.pl/en/News/Kexi_Releases/Kexi_2007.1

--