reviewrequest

Arjen Hiemstra aw.hiemstra at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 11:31:56 BST 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 13:31:55 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Another note: some of our code uses namespaces, we started to use
> > Calligra namespace too. How about removing Ko prefix and have Calligra
> > for public libs, and optionally {appname} for apps (if app maintainer
> > agrees)?
>
> Well, I like prefixes much better than namespaces. Code with namespaces but
> no prefixes tend to agglomerate many files with exactly the same name and
> classes with exactly the same name, which is confusing to me.

There is also the issue that QMetaType and related classes have some very
serious issues dealing with namespaces. These are heavily used by QtScript and
QML and can cause very weird crashes. In Gluon, we ran into this and have
quite a bit of not all too nice code to deal with it. I would personally not
recommend it if you do not want to do an extension of QObject. ;)

- Arjen