[calligra/libs-svg-support-jaham] /: let rectangle and ellipse shape save themselves

jaham at gmx.net jaham at gmx.net
Fri Jul 8 20:40:12 BST 2011

On Thursday 07 July 2011 06:50:05 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> On Wednesday, July 06, 2011 20:19:29 Jan Hambrecht wrote:
> > +class RectangleShape : public KoParameterShape, public SvgSerializable
>
> I realy think we should avoid using multiple inheritance in each shape that
> makes the code very none object orientated as you need to dynamic_cast each
> one when you want to use the functionality. But maybe I miss something
> important here and it is much simpler?

I am not sure why that would make the code not object orientated. Inheritance
is a central feature of object orientated programming. And we dynamic_cast all
over the place anyway.

> Svg should be an integral code for the flake as in odf svg is the default
> format for embedded vector graphics. I think this should be added to
> KoShape as then it is easily usable without the need to do strange stuff
> when saving to/loading from  svg.

There is no strange stuff involved. For now it is easier for me to keep it
outside KoShape. However once the code is in a more ready state, the functions
from SvgSerializable can be put into KoShape easily.

Ciao Jan