Calligra Repository Viewing

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Tue Jan 25 19:49:45 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Cyrille Berger Skott
<cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the head up.
>
> On Tuesday 25 January 2011, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Just to let you know, but a temporary fix has been found to the KDE
>> Projects performance issues
>
> How temporary ? Or do you just mean that it is a horrible hack and a proper
> fix just need to be found inside redmine ?

Temporary in this case means that we have had to reduce the
functionality of the repository browser in order to provide fast
performance. It isn't a hack as such fortunately.

The real cause of the slow performance is actually in git itself (as
git log has to be invoked for each file/folder in the directory being
viewed), it is probable that some form of SQL based cache will need to
be established to allow that information to return.

Regards,
Ben