Calligra Repository Viewing

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Jan 25 20:39:05 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 04:41, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the head up.
>
> On Tuesday 25 January 2011, Ben Cooksley wrote:
>> Just to let you know, but a temporary fix has been found to the KDE
>> Projects performance issues
>
> How temporary ? Or do you just mean that it is a horrible hack and a proper
> fix just need to be found inside redmine ?

Provisionally temporary perhaps. git logging is fundamentally
expensive, and it would have to git log every file in a directory to
get the last-edit-by. So Ben is looking into caching.

Github solves the problem by having a massive server cluster (and I'm
guessing caching). Gitorious and Gitweb has the same solution  we do:
don't show last-edit info in directory views. :)

Ian