Flake tools at the bottom of the toolbox

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:23:25 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 January 2011, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have created a new branch (krita-toolbox-langkamp) to propose a change
> > the toolbox. Currently the flake tools are on top of the other ones in
> all
> > applications. In Krita those tools are only secondary to the painting
> tools,
> > so it can be confusing to the users that the shape tools are on top. The
> > patch changes that. Looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/yP2V3.png
> >
> > What do you think?
>

> Well... I'm of the same opinion I was with the template chooser. Sure -- we
> do have a problem, but creating inconsistency isn't the solution. What I'd
> prefer is a way to put the krite specific tools in a second toolbox.

A second toolbox wouldn't reduce inconsistency. I would have to be at the
top where the problem would still be the same, or at the bottom where it
would be like my solution.

> There's also the discussion we had a couple of times about whether the
> tools common to koffice shouldn't be better off in a toolbar, leaving Krita
> with the only "real" toolbox. That's worth considering as well.

We should think about the possibility to remove some of the flake tools. At
the moment we have two tools for gradient, path and freehand.