Flake tools at the bottom of the toolbox

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 18 08:35:22 GMT 2011

On Tuesday 18 January 2011, Sven Langkamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a new branch (krita-toolbox-langkamp) to propose a change to
> the toolbox. Currently the flake tools are on top of the other ones in all
> applications. In Krita those tools are only secondary to the painting tools,
> so it can be confusing to the users that the shape tools are on top. The
> patch changes that. Looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/yP2V3.png
>
> What do you think?

Well... I'm of the same opinion I was with the template chooser. Sure -- we do have a problem, but creating inconsistency isn't the solution. What I'd prefer is a way to put the krite specific tools in a second toolbox.

There's also the discussion we had a couple of times about whether the tools common to koffice shouldn't be better off in a toolbar, leaving Krita with the only "real" toolbox. That's worth considering as well.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org