In Calligra Words switch to raster graphicssystem per default

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 18 08:36:52 GMT 2011

On Monday 17 January 2011, Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please find attached a patch that makes sure Calligra Words uses the raster
> graphicssystem per default rather then the native one. This provides way
> better performance while dealing with documents compared to the native XRender
> backend cause of http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-16629 .
>
> What do you think? Good idea or to much of a hack?

It's a hack, of course :-). I am wondering whether it's worth it to do this all over KOffice -- and whether there's a way to actually measure the improvement.

Since raster is default on Windows (and maybe also OS X, though I thought that Trolltech wanted to go with OpenGL there), it should be completely safe.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org