Don't show template selection ui any longer

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 14 09:07:46 GMT 2011

On Friday 14 January 2011, Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> On Thursday, January 13, 2011 23:40:25 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > please find attached a patch that disables the templates-dialog per default
> > for Calligra words and tables. Stage is not changed since imho the default
> > empty template doesn't really make sense for presentations.
> >
> > What do you think? Good idea or not?
>
> There already a possibility to archive that the same template is opend all the
> time by selecting "Always use this template". Is that not enough? The the user
> himself can decide if he wants to always have the dialog or og straight for
> the template of his choice.

Either all Calligra applications should have the template dialog on startup or none. I don't think it's a good idea to introduce inconsistency here. If we want to change something here, I think we shouldn't do it out of hand in reaction to a bug report, but after discussing it with Thomas Pfeiffer and figuring out what the problem really is, and what the right solution is.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org