release schedule proposal

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Mon Feb 7 12:34:44 GMT 2011

On 7 February 2011 11:21, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Monday 07 February 2011, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>
>> Extend the co-installability to the snapshots. What means Calligra not
>> only can be co-installable with the GroupA-Office but also with the
>> latest (or any) stable Calligra release. I see value in this and the
>> effort at the side of packagers would be decreased.
>> Technical means for this would be using either directory prefixes or
>> file name prefixes.
>
> It will be a lot of work... I don't see the value of it, especially if it means we need to do something to every snapshot. I want to get these snapshots out as soon as possible, with minimal effort that detracts from development.

Installing to prefix shouldn't be a hack.
Even the harder way: name prefixes is also possible to deliver once
and then have it updated automatically. CMake offers variable
expanding everywhere, and the values of the prefix(es) can be used in
the .cmake config files and thus in the code.

But yes, the first try would be to look at having the cointallability
using a custom prefix like in /opt/calligra/year-month/ .

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek