Help with taking picture of the N9

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Sat Dec 31 14:26:56 GMT 2011

On 31 December 2011 11:50, Cyrille Berger Skott <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need help to get a better picture of the N9 running HarmattanOffice for this
> page:
>
> http://www.calligra.org/mobile/

Cyrille,
I am assuming this is a mockup and you thus posting your proposal here
as I did with other mockups. Then, for the mockup it's not a problem
to have low quality graphics.

Having design with restricted license on the site in so prominent
place is a no-go for me. No matter it's apple, samsung or nokia
hardware. I mentioned this while presented my mockups and especially
confirmed to Inge - my usage of apple design was temporary. I am
planning to use the approach with generic vector graphics for hardware
like the one from oxygen.

> I don't know if anyone has access to both a N9 and a proper studio, and could
> try to take a better picture. If you want to give it a try, here is the
> document I used:
>
> http://cyrille.diwi.org/tmp/CalligraMobile.odt
>
> I will try again tonight when it is dark, but the light I have at home are not
> very good for that.
>
> An alternative might be to simply take a screenshot (if someone knows how) and
> then put the screenshot in one of Nokia's commercial image of the N9.

Combining the screenshot with an image of the casing is always
practiced, there is no gain from making photos everywhere we want to
show screenshot. There is no practical way to have a good quality shot
of both the casing and the LED-highlighted or blinking screen. Again,
this is even not needed as we do not build an ad for nokia or android
or anything.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek