Marketing Message for Calligra

Adam C. nospam at xibo.at
Thu Dec 22 13:40:31 GMT 2011

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 13:33:19 +0100, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se>
wrote:

> On Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:51:12 Adam C. wrote:
>> to me the design looks a little bit like hastily cobbled together. the
>> elements are not aligned, there is no contrast and the different font
>> types are fighting each other. there are to many elements, especially
>> for
>> navigation (the apps, the top right menu, device selector and the
>> monitor).
>>
>> of course also i am not a designer, but we had some lessons in
>> university
>> on this topic, so i tried to quickly stick something together.
>> http://wstaw.org/m/2011/12/22/calligrahp__.png
>>
>> this is far from perfect, it could use some more contrast, the fonts
>> should be consistent, and the bottom news area is lifeless (could use
>> some
>> graphics there).
>
> It does look good, but there is a fundamental problem with it. The
> original
> design was done so that you can get a quick overview of what Calligra
> has to
> deliver (desktop/tablet/phone/engine) and when you click on any of them
> you
> would get a summary of each part.  That is gone in your version.

The area with the stage screenshot is meant to be a slideshow. we could
show an overview of the category (eg desktop, mobile etc) on the first
slide.
if somebody wants to know, which apps there are, he would probably head to
the 'All apps' or 'What is calligra' menu item (which should be the same
font as all apps in this design btw).