Marketing Message for Calligra

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Thu Dec 22 13:31:07 GMT 2011

I'll try to avoid replying to all the mails in this thread, but...

On Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:13:38 Pierre Stirnweiss wrote:
> I have to say I agree with Cyrille here. It always made me laugh when i was
> in purchasing, to see our supplier's commercial guy starting his speech
> with "we are leader in our market". To which I always answered by asking to
> define me precisely what their market was (because their competitor, which
> i met 2 days prior said the same).

I know it's sometimes laughable, but the reason people do it is because it
*works*.  All marketing textbooks say "you need to find a niche where you are
the leader and then tell everybody about it".  This is of course very
difficult to do when you are one of a bunch with little real differentiation.
But I don't think Calligra is there.

We are in fact the only free office suite for mobile devices and we should
make a big fuzz about that.