Help regarding project

Pierre Stirnweiss pstirnweiss at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 20 07:43:38 GMT 2011

I'd like to point to this thread regarding kde on windows and poppler (by
the way is there a way in Googlemail to refer to a thread without
copy/paste it?):

From: *Pierre Stirnweiss* <pstirnweiss at googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 9:26 AM

Just something to keep in mind:
on windows MSVC, libpoppler is a static library ("because poppler does not
have import/export thing for the core(private) api" dixit pinotree).
Libpoppler is not meant to be used directly. For the karbon pdf filter this
is however what we do. This means that:
-either we disable the filter on windows MSVC
-or we link the filter to every library libpoppler was linked to. these
should be exactly the same ones. that solution is not very practical to
implement.

So if during the course of refactoring, this could be avoided/fixed, all
the better.

Pierre