Selling Krita through Apple AppStore

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Fri Dec 9 08:40:35 GMT 2011

On Friday, December 09, 2011 02:24:16 Alex Sarmiento wrote:
> As far as i know, Apple never said that they pulled out the VLC App from
> the AppStore because the GPL license was incompatible, nobody knows why
> was pulled out .  Just because some idiotic Nokia employee doesn't like
> Apple doesn't means that you can't publish GPL software in the AppStore

What about LGPL?  Almost all of Calligra is licensed under LGPL and the
differences are quite profound even if small.

Besides, (L)GPL allows you to publish the source code from somewhere else than
you publish the binaries if the binaries are accompanied with an offer to send
the source code on request.