RFC: Calligra press kit

Markus Slopianka markus.s at kdemail.net
Thu Dec 8 14:17:19 GMT 2011

On Donnerstag 08 Dezember 2011 14:59:20 Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
> On Thursday 08 December 2011, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > The attractive thing, to my mind, is that porting to KDE 5 is more like
> > porting to Qt... Instead of using KFileDialog, we should use QFileDialog,
> > instead of KMessageBox, QMessageBox, K/QIcon, K/QAction and so on. That's
> > something we can do even after 2.4 is released already.
>
> hum. But wouldn't that affect the user interraction for people using
> Calligra with KDE4 ?

Please tell me: How many times something has to be repeated until you people get it?
There is no "KDE 4" and there will be no "KDE 5"!!
In summer 2012 KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.9 (FOUR point nine) will be released on top of
KDE Frameworks 5.0 and at that point distributors will phase out Qt4 and possibly not even
include it in their standard installation any longer.